Sunday, June 24, 2007

Act II

As the curtain rises, we find our heroine seated at the head of a Board table listening to the rising cacophony of agitated female voices. The room is getting hot and the afternoon is growning long. Those not engaged in talking are showing the wilting weariness of realization that yet another issue will go unresolved. What have we accomplished; why are we here? During Act II, one must put aside such self-indulgent questions and reconcile oneself to the work and satisfactions to be had in the time remaining. On to the task at hand. . .what will I wear to work tomorrow?!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Cathie,

Cool! I'm so glad you started a blog! Yes, there is always something to learn as you go. Hang in there.

I've been around that table before...

Major storms hit us last night which caused my computer at home to lose its network. May be a while before I can post again. I'm commenting from work.

possumlady said...

Oh My Gawd!! Welcome to the community! Just one more thing to stress about--just kidding! This is the week to get the board book to the printers so I will be pretty quiet on the blogging front.

Mary, I can't believe you are at work at 5:25 AM!!!

cat59 said...

Will this work?

cat59 said...

Okay; just testing the system. I am having trouble figuring out how to reply to people's posts and how to post a new post!

Yes, Mary, what are you doing at work at 5:25 AM. This is what I officially call the middle of the night!

Mary said...

No, I don't even get up until 5:20! It was probably 7:25 a.m. Yikes - never 5:25!