Monday, June 25, 2007

Box Turtles

This evening, we discovered a box turtle on our patio. We used to have a bullfrog that lived in our pond, but then one day this spring, he hopped away looking for a mate, died at the bottom of the pond and never floated up, or got eaten by some type of large bird (he was a pretty big bullfrog!). Tonight this box turtle wandered up. We live in a suburban neighborhood on about 1/3 acre with shallow woods at the edge of our backyard and more yards on every side of us. Where did this turtle come from and why did he/she wander over here? I put a few blueberries down in front of it and he snatched them up. The dogs don't see to bother with reptiles and amphibians. If they are moving, they are interested, but if they are still, they treat them like they would a rock. Too bad I don't know how to post photos yet. Soon. . .Got to go--The Closer is starting and it's a new episode!

8 comments:

KGMom said...

Oh you like The Closer too?
Posting photos--not too hard. I will help, if you like. Walk you through the steps on Blogger, if you can't figure it out.

cat59 said...

Yes; did you watch it last night? I turned to it out of desparation last summer because everything else was re-runs. Sometimes I find that Brenda Lee character a bit annoying, but I still get hooked. Watching tv is my favorite way to veg out.

Maybe tonight I will have the time to try the steps for posting a photo. I'll let you know if I need help. Thanks!

cat59 said...

Kgmom, I just visited your profile. I saw that The Lion in Winter is one of your favorite movies! Mine, too.

Mary said...

Cathie, I just Flickr to post photos but I hear that posting them with Blogger is much better than it used to be. Good luck with - I'm willing to help, too.

My computer seems to be OK now after 4.5 hours on the phone with Dell...

cat59 said...

Okay, Mary, you got me there--what is "Flickr"? :-)

cat59 said...

Okay; instructions for posting photos say "there is a button in the blogger interface" blah, blah, blah. Where is this button? I don't see it when I am in my blog.

possumlady said...

It's not really a button. When you are drafting your post look in the taupe square that you are typing in, it has a bold b, then italic,...the last symbol is a little colored photo square. Click on that and that gets you to uploading a photo either one that is stored on your computer, or getting one from the internet (url). If you want, give me a call and I can walk you through it.

KGMom said...

I missed the most recent Closer--we decided to sit outside instead. I will probably see it on rerun.
I agree Brenda Leigh (just saw on TNT that this is how they spell it!) can be annoying. Especially her speech patterns--hard to follow sometimes.