Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Montage

Hello from The Montage at Laguna Beach! This place is amazing, although I do feel somewhat like a poser being here. I wonder how many other folks are here on expense account who otherwise would never be able to afford a place like this? Photos will have to wait till I get home.

The Montage sits on cliff overlooking the Pacific. Views from our room are spectacular. The staff here are all trained to stop and stand aside whenever you pass. Very odd! Prices for food are astronomical. This morning our breakfast for two was $85.00. Beautifully landscaped. We saw some hummingbirds feeding on flowers; thought of Mary.

That's it for now. More later.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

$85?! I couldn't afford to drive past the place. :)

Mary said...

I can only guess what dinner cost you...

Sounds lovely, Cathie. Say HI to the hummingbirds for me.

possumlady said...

Just got the board book to the printers so I can breath for a day until it comes back.

I think I remember the place in Puerto Rico being the same--staff stepping to one side, not making eye contact. I felt VERY uncomfortable. Reminded me of the old British class system of the hired help in the big estates that would have to step aside, eyes averted when the Lord and Lady passed. I'm sure you're having a much better time than I right now!!