Friday, October 26, 2007

Waiting

I am waiting for the countertop installers to come back to finish the job they started yesterday. The were supposed to finish yesterday, but one of the pieces was not the correct size, so they said they would be back either yesterday afternoon or today with the correct piece. Yesterday afternoon, they called to say it would be today at 11:00. Then, today around 11:00 one of the guys called to say he was supposed to be here at 12:30 (surprise to me) but that he would be a little late--12:45 (hardly worth calling about). However, here it is at 1:20 and still no installers and no additional phone call. In the meantime, it is raining (yay!) and we are expecting company to arrive for the weekend around 3:00. At this point, the countertop probably will not be complete by then. I took the day off of work. I need to vacuum, but if I start vacumming and the countertop guy arrives, I won't be able to hear him (this is the kind of thing I worry about.). DH is at work, but leaving early to go grocery shopping. I feel stuck and increasingly irritable about the whole thing. So, just thought I would take this opportunity to post to my blog ;-) Oh, also, I'm not convinced that I just love the new countertops--all $5,500 worth of them!!

3 comments:

karen said...

We will need new counter tops before we sell this house, I had no idea they were so expensive, ugh. You got out of California just in time didn't you?!!!! Enjoy your company.

Anvilcloud said...

Sometimes ya just gotta hurry up and wait.

possumlady said...

Ah, buyer's regret. It happens every time I make a major purchase. I'm sure they are installed by now and you and your guests love them! Pictures please.