Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday Post

Well, ladies, I think we've gotten all the mileage we can out of the hair color post. Inspired by Mary's recent post, yesterday I went around my yard and took photos of everything in bloom. Here are the results.

My mother-in-law says these flowers are called something like "Japanese Anemonies?" Can anyone confirm or refute? We have white ones in the front and pink in the back. They don't start blooming until September. (Don't adjust your glasses--the pink ones are out of focus!)
I've never known what these little grape flowers are called, either. (And, yes, that is a maple tree taking root in a flower bed, and water droplets--from the sky, not from a hose!)
Flower on one of our pond plants:
Lone red bloomer:
A scraggly collection around the mailbox:

4 comments:

Mary said...

I have the purple flowers also but guess what? I don't know what they are called, either! LOL I call them "bee and butterfly magnets".

Good job, Cathie. You have a lot blooming around there. Must be the rain....

cat59 said...

Hahah. . .yes; the rain!

Turtle Guy said...

"...everything in bloom"

in October. I'm jealous!

cat59 said...

Turtle Guy: Hey, don't be jealous. It's been way too hot here. Today, however, is a beautiful early fall day!