Thursday, August 23, 2007

Here's to Possumlady

Happy Birthday Possumlady!! (tomorrow; had to post this before bed on Thursday so I wouldn't forget! Hey wait a minute; I just realized tomorrow is the 24th. B-day's not till Sat. Oh well, better early than late.)

Here's to a great friend and a wonderful human being. Loves animals, good food and wine, socially liberal, great sense of humor--what more could one want? We're getting awfully close to 50. Who knew we'd be so young at this age!

I give you a virtual gardenia! Do you smell the fragrance?

2 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Possumlady!

So sweet of you, Cathie.

I, for one, can smell you gardenia.

possumlady said...

Aw shucks -- Thanks!! I took off today and Monday and Tuesday too. Need to just get my house in order. It's too messy for even MY taste. Then, cross your fingers, I'm hoping to FINALLY paint my bedroom either Sunday or Monday. I decided on a very pretty light green/yellow called Honeydew.

Paul and Joy took me out last night for my birthday. Had a great time and a great meal at a belgium/french place called Brasserie Beck. Incredible pomme frites! And, if you like beer, there are 55 different kinds, each with their own special glass. I had the delirium tremorum, very good taste, not too heavy, and it came in a glass with little pink elephants on it! Too cute!

Ah, I can smell the gardenia too. I love them, but can't grow them here...too cold.

Thanks again and wish DH a happy early birthday too!