Sunday, August 19, 2007

Misc Photos

I don't feel much like writing a post, but don't want to let another week go by without posting something. It seems I only get to this on the weekend. I've had a very low energy weekend (translation--I spent most of Saturday sleeping). So, for my post, I've searched for some old photos and new to share.


We bought this pot several years ago. I love the relief carving. I had always intended to put a plant in it but did not do it until last weekend. I selected a combination of 3 types of houseplants. I hope they do well.

This is a photo DH took years ago (5?) at the Shed aquarium in Chicago. I can't believe how well this photo turned out given that it was taken through glass. The one below of the Dolphin was also taken at the Shed. Doesn't it look so cool and peaceful?

I took this photo of an iris several years ago while visiting a Japanese garden in Portland.
This is a beautiful sunset that we saw while on vacation in Nags Head, NC. Also several years ago. It's amazing how the time flies by.

A little peek into our home. The painting above the mantel was done by DH's mother and the bowls were made by DH.


This recent photo is of the first Mexican Sunflower to bloom in our yard.

This photo of the Morning Glories was taken just a few days ago. They are the first flowers to appear on these vines, which were planted in May or June. The vine grew and grew till it was about to take over our deck before we got the first flowers. Now we get about one a day.


We were in Jamaica in 2005 and DH took this photo of a dramatic sunset. I worry that they have suffered much damage from Hurricane Dean.

4 comments:

Mary said...

There are many Saturdays when I nap if I can. At least two hours does the trick! Then, of course, I want to sleep late on Sunday but for some reason, (dogs) I am up before 7:00 a.m. Oh, well.

Fantastic sunsets! I love sunsets with storm clouds. Beautiful flowers!

KGMom said...

Well, with such lovely photos, you don't need to post much.
I love the pot also.

possumlady said...

Hey, were the photos at the Shed Aquarium taken during our conference in 2003?

It's so nice to see that painting again that DH's mother painted. You know that is a favorite of mine.

Great sunset shots too!

cat59 said...

Possumlady--Yes, I think they were.