Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Dear Hubby!

DH turns 63 today. We had a birthday brunch on Saturday because he is on a business trip in Gatlinburg, TN today. I didn't get him a present other than taking him, his mom, and a friend out to brunch on Saturday. Do you think that counts as a gift? His real reward for getting older is that he is planning on retiring from his current position at the end of October. The current plan seems to be that from then until the first of the year he may do some consulting for the company. After that, who knows?

7 comments:

possumlady said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DH!!!!!

KGMom said...

I think supporting DH in his retirement plans is gift enough. That plus having the birthday. Sure beats the alternative.

Mary said...

Sounds like a good plan to me, Cathie! Retirement is a wonderful time of life - living with the wonderful unexpected pleasures and opportunites.

possumlady said...

Testing, testing...sorry, just wanted to see if my photo came up with a comment. But, happy birthday again DH!!

possumlady said...

Oops, guess I need to fine tune it?

possumlady said...

Sorry, me again. I think I got it this time!!

Turtle Guy said...

"DH turns 63 today."

Um... I read this and it took me by surprise.

Those are my initials!

Granted, I'm closer to 40 than I am to 30, but still.

Best to "DH", and long may you both be happy and healthy!