Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another Weekend Project

We have been quite the busy homeowners lately. Our newest installation is a new light fixture in our foyer.

All of this foreign activity makes Meg a little nervous. (See the scratches in the sofa? From Meg. We ordered a new sofa yesterday, but it won't come in for months. The new sofa will have a blanket on it.)

Well, how do you like it? It's minimalist!
Okay; just kidding. Here's the real thing.
Here's a photo showing both the foyer and the dining room with both of our new lights. We like the way the forms echo each other. I think that's it for a while. Next, I would like to get new kitchen counters, but I don't think that will be DIY. I may, however, tile the kitchen floor!

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Looking good!!

possumlady said...

Okay, I'm posting a comment!!! These remind me of the overhead fixtures in our library here at the office. I always liked them. They seem very retro, 50s or 60s looking.

I always liked your couch too, although I always feel I need arms on mine to be able to take a nap!

cat59 said...

Anvilcloud: Thanks.

Possumlady: Thanks. I think they are retro, too. Doesn't the one in the dining room look so much better than the first one?! Meg loves the low arms on that couch so that she can relax there and look out the window.

Mary said...

Wow! I like the real thing - very clean and contemporary.

Cathie, I've been living with blankets covering my furniture for years. I don't like it but it's better than replacing a sofa and chair every six months :o)