Sunday, September 9, 2007

More on Tiling

Next lesson: There's a fine line between not enough tile adhesive and too much. Also, getting tiles to fit around light switches is challenging. The tiles I used were 2"x2", 1"x1" and 1/2"x1". We do not have a tile cutter and I did not rent one. We had decided on a pattern for laying the tiles. However, fitting tiles around the light switches caused some slight changes in design. Oh well. . .it is rustic. Here are a few photos. I still have to grout the tiles, but I probably won't do that till next weekend. The organization I work for puts on a large statewide conference annually and it is this coming week, so I will be away for a few days.


4 comments:

KGMom said...

I like the finished project very much.
How about moving the chandelier into your rustic kitchen?
LOL

possumlady said...

I like the tile patterns. But, where's the color?! (This coming from someone who just painted their bedroom a shocking green-yellow)

I think the chandelier is a little big but it doesn't stand out to me as much as it must to you. When I was touring my neighbor's home I saw the neatest chandelier. I asked her if it was original with the house. She smiled and said "Lowes"! She mentioned that she was surprised what a great selection they had.

Mary said...

Wonderful! Great job - I'm impressed.

Enjoy your time away, Cathie. You'll come back home to a perky kitchen.

cat59 said...

Thanks Kgmom and Mary. As for Possumlady--it is a beautiful, natural stone--hahaha. Yes, I think the chandelier looks worse in person. It was a pain in the neck to put up so we are not in any hurry to take it down and put up another one. DH says it can become the family joke.