Sunday, September 16, 2007

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Oh, what a beautiful day. I've got a beautiful feeling; everything's going my way! (Oklahoma)

It was sunny and 55 degrees when we got up this morning!! Loved it! Took the dogs for a nice walk. They were frisky. The Morning Glories that took months to produce one bloom are full of blooms these days.


I am so happy that our 2007 conference is history! There were a few glitches, but, all in all, I think it was a success. We seemed to get more on-site registrations than usual, so I am looking forward to seeing the final numbers (financial, that is!). Our opening and closing keynote speakers were big hits.

I tackled the grouting on the kitchen tile project today. I ran out of grout before I was finished. Grouting was more difficult than putting the tiles up (and surprisingly physical). I think I liked them better before the grout, but it is better than a plain painted wall that was getting stained with grease from cooking! Compared to putting small tiles on a small wall space between the counter and the cabinets, I think doing a large horizontal space like a kitchen or bathroom floor would be relatively easy. I will probably take on those projects at some point now that I've gotten my feet wet.

(In the photo above, the grouted tile is on the left and the not yet grouted tile is on the right. What do you think?)

Well, hope all out there in cyberland have been well. I have not caught up with reading other blogs yet, but I am off work tomorrow, so I will probably "drop in" then! Take care.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Morning Glories are quite, er, glorious, even they do tend to become a tad invasive.

Mary said...

I'd love the morning glories if I had them...I see them on the roadside in the mornings and are tempted to rip them out and take them with me. I'd probably get arrested.

You tile looks great. I would not change a thing. I like the tile behind my stovetop for easy cleaning and it looks so nice. Good job, Cathie!