Saturday, July 7, 2007

Hodge Podge

I have been sinking into a funk since yesterday. Is it a coincidence that this coincides with my attempt to restart my "program?" I don't think so, because the day before I went back on my program, I was already feeling a little blah and edgy (for me, it is possible to feel blah and edgy at the same time). That day, I was eating whatever I wanted and that included a bit of wine and quite a few chocolate cupcakes. However, it was in the mindset of "going on a program tomorrow; better try to satisfy all my cravings now." So, perhaps I am a bit down because I really don't feel like thinking about what I'm going to eat and that I'm getting flabby and should be exercising.

DH and I took some days off of work and every day (which coincides with my program) he has wanted to go out to eat for lunch or breakfast or brunch. This is not like him. I have managed to be moderate in what I am eating despite this. Today after brunch, we went to Trader Joe's and I stocked up on my favorite gazpacho and some frozen cooked shrimp. Thaw out a few of those and toss them in the soup and you have a light, refreshing, and healthy meal (if you can call that a meal and not just an appetizer!). Anyway, enough of that. Certainly I must have something else to talk about.

I also may be a little down because I thought I might take advantage of this time to read a short book about the status of the profession that I am a member of (if it is a profession; there is a bit of controversy about that) and do some thinking and writing about that, but I just haven't felt like it and now tomorrow is Sunday, then Monday and I will be back to the daily grind, not having accomplished anything over the past 5 days. The thing is, doing nothing is really what I feel like doing! Thanks to DH's participation, I have managed to do 20 minutes of exercise for 3 days in a row. That's something!

After thinking he (she?) had left us, we continue to see the turtle around (I guess technically it is a tortoise because it does not have webbed feet and spends most of it's time on land.). DH has decided to name it "Rocket," because he does seem to get around. One minute he's there; the next minute he's not. (Unless he's in the pond from which he must be removed on occasion.) Our poor dogs--Harry and Nutmeg have been very reluctant to go out in the yard for their final pee pees in the evening due to being traumatized by the fireworks on the 4th. To reinforce their fear, there was another fireworks display somewhere nearby tonight for some reason!

What else? Nothing really. So, to make up for a boring, negative post, here are some photos of flowers in our yard this spring, before I was blogging and before this interminable heat and drought set in.






P.S., Poundage today 197.8

5 comments:

possumlady said...

Well, see, you do have spiderworts (the purple flowers)! Remember you asked me about it when I had photos of it in May? Yes, I'm in a terrible funk today also. Combination of lots of things. I need to get cracking though. This is my housecleaning day. I don't want to be embarrassed when my neighbors come over to take care of the cats while I'm gone! Hang in there!!

Mary said...

Oh, those funks come and go. I'm in a funk, too. I have a month's worth of dust and dog hair to clean up around here and all I want to do is to go outside but it's TOO DAMNED HOT! LOL!

And, yes, today is Sunday. Back to the grind tomorrow. Sigh...

Mary said...

I forgot to say that your garden would make a curmudgeon like me smile from ear to ear. Beautiful!

Anvilcloud said...

Diets are tough to adhere to if unusual events are going on. Sometimes, you just hang in as best you can, and, at least, don't overindulge. That's more or less all that I seem able to do right now.

cat59 said...

Thank you all for your supportive comments.