Thursday, July 12, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

So, Possumlady has "tagged" me to tell 8 facts (things?) about myself. This will require some thought, so that is not what I'll write about tonight.

Rocket (the box turtle) has not been seen for 36 hours. I knew that this would happen. Just when we named her and I started to feel invested in her welfare, she disappears! It happened once before and she appeared again, but I think she may have escaped the confines of our backyard and gone on to someone else's. However, I wonder if anyone else will feed her blueberries?

On to a totally different subject: Why do I like tv shows about horrible, despicable things? This particularly hit home last night after I watched "Criminal Intent" about a pedophile and realized that the episode of "The Closer" on Monday night was also about a pedophile. I'm addicted to Law and Order, both the original and SVU, which always has horrific crimes. Often, I have to look away when they show close-ups of gross stuff and yet I keep coming back. What is this phenomenon? Any ideas?

To end on a brighter note, here are some photos of our sunflowers and our tomatoes. We finally have gotten some much needed rain the last two evenings.

I didn't do this intentionally, but I thought this was an interesting silhouetting effect. (That's our neighbor's house in the background. Our neighbors who, after almost a year, we still do not know the names of. Sad commentary.)

You can see my relatively new Subaru Tribeca in the driveway.

Some ripe cherry tomatoes with some "regular" tomatoes that look promising.

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I love British murder mysteries, both in book and TV form, yet I am a peace-lovin kinda guy.

possumlady said...

Hey Cat59. I'm running around crazily trying to get the house in order for my trip tomorrow morning. I can't find your email address so I'm going to post it here. You will never guess who I just heard from-------Bob W. from Gray and Company! And guess what!? They are having a Gray and Company reunion in September!! Can you believe it! He was mentioned all the people who were going to be there, including el diablo himself, Bob Gray! He must be in his mid-80s by now. Barbara Montgomery will be there, as will Gary Hymel, Jim Jennings, Chuck Crawford, etc. Pretty amazing huh! I told Bob this didn't give me much time to schedule some liposuction! Well, gotta run. Incredible.

KGMom said...

Here's hoping Rocket shows up again. Rocket? a turtle? You are creative!

KGMom said...

Oh, I meant to add--I love Law and Order also. In fact, one is on right now--CI with Chris Noth (which I like better than the other pair).

Mary said...

Memes seem easy until your start thinking about them...

Don't feel badly about your neighbors. The neighbors on the right side of us moved out quietly. In nearly two years, we spoke to them three times. Didn' even know their last names. They preferred to be quiet. OK.

Glad you had some rain! We had an inch or two this week but the darn heat dried it up within a few hours.

If you like gore and crime, let's switch jobs. I work in public safety and witness forensic lab education. They let me take part in mock crime scenes. You'd love it.

cat59 said...

Kgmom: We still have not seen Rocket. Maybe she didn't like her name! However, I think this proves the point. The last time I saw her she was about to walk into our garage, so I placed her on the edge of a wooded area in our yard. About 45 minutes later I came out to take a picture of her and she was gone and hasn't been seen since! I like Chris Noth, as well!

Mary: What does meme mean? Sounds like you have a very interesting job! You're right--I probably would like to take part in mock crime scenes. However, I can't stomach real ones. Can't stand those reality-based tv shows that take place in emergency rooms, etc.

Anvilcloud: I think I would feel better about it if I were reading rather than watching tv. Reading seems to have some redeeming value, whereas watching tv is just lazy!